Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Bake lightly breaded sliced eggplant topped with cheese and served with a chunky tomato sauce for a low calorie alternative to the classic fried version
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish; set aside.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Spray each side of slices with cooking spray. Coat with bread crumbs on both sides and place on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with cheese; bake 1 minute more or until cheese has softened.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.