Baked Eggplant Parmesan
Lightly breaded eggplant recipe topped with cheese and served with a chunky tomato sauce for a lower calorie alternative to the classic fried version.
Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods Inc.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large eggplant, peeled if desired
- 1/4 cup Parkay® Original Spread-tub, melted
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in shallow dish.
- Cut eggplant into 12 slices, about 1/2-inch thick. Brush slices with Parkay, then coat each side with bread crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Top slices evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and sauce in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon tomato mixture evenly into 4 shallow bowls. Place 3 eggplant slices over sauce in each bowl.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||24%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||29%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||25%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.