Blackened Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa
Blackened grilled fish served with a mango and tomato salsa
Recipe from the Hunt's "Best Meals. Best Moments. Recipe Contest" 2009 - Jonathan, Vero Beach, FL, 4th Place
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (4 oz each)
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 medium mango, peeled, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine the 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin, the garlic powder, dried oregano, ground ginger, smoked paprika, salt and black and red peppers in small bowl. Stir in olive oil to make a saucy paste; divide mixture in half and set aside one portion.
- Brush half of the paste on fish fillets; set aside. Lightly spray grill or grill pan with PAM. Heat to high heat; when hot, add fish and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once.
- Meanwhile, combine drained tomatoes, mango, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, the 1 teaspoon cumin, the garlic and lime juice in medium bowl; set aside.
- Remove fish from grill once it flakes easily with a fork. Brush remaining paste on cooked fish. Serve with Mango Salsa.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||14%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.