Cheesy Beef Lasagna
Hearty lasagna recipe with a ground beef meat sauce and three cheeses layered with uncooked lasagna noodles to save some work
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 9 dry lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Combine ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons water, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more or until fragrant. Drain. Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, remaining water, vinegar and red pepper flakes to skillet. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble lasagna by spreading about 1 cup meat sauce over bottom of dish. Place 3 dry noodles over sauce, top with 2 cups meat sauce, half of ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of noodles topped with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat||7 g||35%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||11%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.