Tender pieces of chicken and bell pepper simmered in a savory tomato sauce, served with refried beans and rice
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cans (16 oz each) Rosarita® Traditional Refried Beans, heated
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until no longer pink in centers, stirring several times.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Serve chicken mixture over rice with refried beans.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||11 g||42%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.