Chili Pork Chops with Rice and Cheese
Tender pork chops simmered with tomatoes and rice sprinkled with cheese
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork chops (6 chops = about 1-1/2 lb)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes No Salt Added, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Gebhardt® Chili Powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- Chopped green onion or chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Cook pork chops 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, broth and chili powder; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Arrange pork chops on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Simmer 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top each serving with chopped green onions or chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||21%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||9%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.