Eggplant Parm Rolls
Grilled eggplant slices filled with cheese and herbs, baked in a chunky vegetable tomato sauce.
Recipe developed by George Duran for Hunt's
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggplants (2 large = about 2-1/2 lb)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 container (15 oz each) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add zucchini; cook 10 minutes or until onion and zucchini are lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat grill pan over medium-high heat. Cut ends off each eggplant; cut each eggplant lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Brush both sides of each slice with remaining 6 tablespoons oil. Grill slices 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and pliable; set aside.
- Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil in medium bowl. Mix until well blended; set aside.
- Place 2 cups of the tomato sauce in bottom of prepared dish. Assemble rolls by spreading about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture on each eggplant slice. Roll up from a short end and place seam-side down in dish. Repeat. Top rolls with remaining sauce and sliced mozzarella.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||19 g||30%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||32%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.