Hawaiian Meatballs and Rice
Tender meatballs simmered in barbecue sauce and crushed pineapple and served with rice for a taste of Hawaii
- 1 cup Hunt's® Original Barbecue Sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups instant brown rice, uncooked, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (8 oz each) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- Mix together 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, beef, onion, 1/4 cup rice, seasoned salt and pepper in large bowl until blended. Divide mixture into 24 portions; roll firmly into 1-1/4-inch balls.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Place remaining 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, pineapple and water in skillet; stir to combine. Place meatballs in skillet on top of sauce mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F), stirring carefully. Uncover, simmer 2 to 3 minutes more or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare remaining 2 cups rice according to package directions, omitting salt and butter and adding bell pepper. Serve meatballs and sauce over rice.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||18%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.