Herb-Roasted Chicken with Tomato-Cream Sauce
Sauteed vegetables roasted with pan-seared chicken topped with mustard, herbs and bread crumbs and all served with a tomato-cream pan sauce
Recipe concept developed by The Culinary Institute of America
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 breast = about 1-1/4 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 32 baby carrots
- 4 medium red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed, cut into thin wedges
- 16 fresh pearl onions, peeled
- 1 tablespoon Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup prepared chicken gravy
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make Chicken: Preheat oven to 400°F; spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; place on plate.
- Place carrots, potatoes and onions in skillet. Cook about 7 minutes or until vegetables start to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet and place in baking dish.
- Brush chicken with mustard. Sprinkle with tarragon, thyme and bread crumbs. Place chicken on top of vegetables in baking dish. Bake 25 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
- Make Sauce: Meanwhile, place skillet over high heat, add undrained tomatoes and stir, scraping the brown bits off bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil; add gravy and cream. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add pepper. Serve with vegetables and chicken breasts.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||20 g||31%|
|Saturated fat||7 g||35%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||22%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.