Hunt's® Arroz con Pollo y Frijoles Negros
Rice and beans cooked with tomato sauce and seasoned chicken for a one skillet dish
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or drumsticks (6 = 2-1/4 lbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning blend
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caldo con sabor de pollo (chicken bouillon)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with adobo seasoning. Cook chicken 5 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet.
- Add rice and half of onions to skillet. Brown in pan drippings over medium heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon. Stir until well blended.
- Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||21%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||19%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||16%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.