Hunt's® Chicken Tinga
Chicken thigh recipe simmered with tomatoes and spicy chipotle peppers before shredding and topping with queso fresco and avocado
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with garlic salt and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Add onion; cook until tender. Add drained tomatoes, tomato sauce and peppers; stir to combine. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet; shred with two forks. Return chicken to sauce mixture; stir to combine. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and avocado. Serve with rice, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||30%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.