Hunt's® Crispy Breaded Tilapia
A delicious breaded tilapia recipe coated with a Parmesan cheese breading and topped with a chunky balsamic tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed if frozen (4 fillets = 1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add undrained tomatoes, sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine cheese and bread crumbs in shallow dish. Place egg in another shallow dish.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip each fillet in egg, coating both sides. Coat with cheese mixture; place in skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork (145°F). Serve tomato mixture over fish.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||13%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.