Hunt's® Lemon-Tomato Chicken Pasta
Lemon and fresh basil complement tomatoes in this chicken and pasta dish
- 8 ounces dry cavatappi or rotini pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese spread
- 1 pkg (0.75 oz each) fresh basil, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- Cracked black pepper, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and lemon juice in same skillet; bring to a boil. Add cream cheese; stir until cream cheese is melted completely. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Drain pasta. Add to sauce in skillet; stir to coat. Stir in chicken, basil and lemon peel. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat||4 g||20%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.