A gumbo recipe of sausage, shrimp, green pepper and Hunt's Seasoned Tomatoes takes on an Italian influence with Kraft Parmesan.
Recipe Source: Kraft Foods, Inc. Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 3/4 pound Italian pork sausage, crumbled
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp without tails, thawed if frozen
- Cook rice as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour and 1/4 cup cheese; cook and stir 5 minutes or until mixture comes to boil. Add sausage, celery, pepper and onion; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in undrained tomatoes, chicken broth and shrimp; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is heated through and shrimp are done, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over rice; top with remaining cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||32%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.