Mediterranean Penne and Sausage
Penne pasta tossed with fresh spinach, mozzarella cheese and a rich tomato and Italian sausage sauce
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (12 oz = 3 cups)
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 1 can (24 oz each) Hunt's® Roasted Garlic & Onion Pasta Sauce
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1 can (2.25 oz each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) fresh baby spinach
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up sausage with spoon. Drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, tomato paste, olives and water. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add sauce and spinach; mix lightly. Add cheese; stir until slightly melted.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||21 g||33%|
|Saturated fat||9 g||47%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||23%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.