Nacho Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
A macaroni and cheese recipe with Hunt's Tomatoes, hot dogs, nacho jalapeno slices, Kraft Parmesan and cilantro for a Hispanic twist.
Recipe Source: Kraft Foods, Inc. Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced fat (2%) milk
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 5 hot dogs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup nacho jalapeño pepper slices, drained
- 1/4 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook and stir 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir 10 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded cheese; cook 5 minutes more or until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked macaroni, drained tomatoes, hot dogs, nacho slices and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; mix lightly. Stir in egg.
- Spoon into 2-qt casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||22 g||33%|
|Saturated fat||12 g||58%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||7%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.