Orzo and Tomato Salad
A colorful blend of orzo (rice-shaped pasta), bell pepper and diced tomatoes tossed with fresh parsley, basil and mint for a refreshing side dish
Recipe developed by George Duran for Hunt's
- 1 cup dry orzo, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Combine orzo with oil in large bowl and cool to room temperature. You may refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Once cooled, add all remaining ingredients to bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight for flavors to blend.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||10%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.