Pasta and Sausage Skillet
Elbow macaroni in a meaty Italian sausage-tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 3 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked (3 cup = about 12 oz)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to crumble the sausage; drain.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes and tomato paste; mix well. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||22 g||34%|
|Saturated fat||10 g||52%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.