Pasta e Fagioli
A hearty, traditional Italian soup made with pasta, beans and herb-flavored pasta sauce
- 2 slices uncooked bacon
- 1 cup frozen chopped vegetable blend for seasoning (onion, celery, bell pepper)
- 1 can (24 oz each) Hunt's® Garlic & Herb Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 oz each) dark red or white kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry large elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place bacon in medium saucepan; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon, leaving drippings in pan.
- Add frozen vegetables to pan; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add pasta sauce, water, kidney beans and dry macaroni. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Crumble reserved bacon into soup; stir to combine. Top each serving with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||7%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||23%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.