Pasta with Spinach and Sausage
Rotini pasta tossed with spinach, sausage and tomatoes
- 1 pound dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) or 1 can (28 oz) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pkg (6 oz each) fresh baby spinach
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up clumps with back of spoon. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; cook 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. Stir in undrained tomatoes, vinegar and nutmeg; reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach. Remove from heat; stir 1 to 2 minutes or until leaves have just wilted.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add tomato sauce mixture and sausage; toss until well blended.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat||5 g||27%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.