Penne Pasta Casserole
Tender penne pasta baked in a meaty tomato sauce and
topped with mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (12 oz = 3 cups)
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef or ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 large = about 1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup water
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 cups = 12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown meat with onions in large skillet; drain. Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, the tomato paste and water; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Drain pasta; place in large bowl. Add tomato mixture and 2 cups of the cheese; toss to coat. Spoon into prepared dish; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until casserole is heated through and cheese is melted.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||27%|
|Saturated fat||9 g||45%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||23%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.