Sausage and Tomato Rotini
Tender rotini pasta bathed in a spicy sausage-tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 3 cups)
- 1 pound hot Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 5 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup lowfat (1%) or whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Hunt's® Tomato Paste
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1-1/2 cups = 6 oz)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up sausage with spoon. Drain. Stir in onions; cook 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add diced tomatoes with their liquid, the milk, basil and tomato paste; mix well. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place in large serving bowl. Add sausage mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||31 g||48%|
|Saturated fat||14 g||71%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||21%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.