Savory Italian Stuffed Peppers
Italian-seasoned ground beef and brown rice stuffed into colorful bell peppers, topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and baked in tomato sauce for a wonderful one-dish recipe
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 pkg (8.8 oz each) fully cooked whole grain brown rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained well
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped and divided
- 4 large multicolored bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and membrane removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour tomato sauce into bottom of baking dish; set aside.
- Combine rice, drained tomatoes, ground beef, Egg Beaters, Italian seasoning and salt in large bowl. Add half of the cheese and gently combine.
- Place about 1/2 cup meat mixture in each half pepper. Place in prepared dish on top of sauce.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until filling reaches an internal temperature of 170°F. Evenly divide remaining cheese and place on top of each half pepper. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||28%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||22%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.