Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Quinoa
A quinoa skillet recipe with tender pieces of breaded chicken, seasoned tomato sauce and cheese.
Kraft® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding the salt. Meanwhile, combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in large resealable food storage bag. Place Egg Beaters in shallow dish.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in Egg Beaters, coating all sides. Place in cheese mixture; shake bag to coat evenly. Place coated chicken in skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers, turning occasionally.
- Pour 1 can of tomato sauce over chicken in skillet; gently stir to coat with sauce. Heat 2 minutes more or until sauce is hot. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle chicken with mozzarella cheese; let stand until cheese melts. Stir remaining 1 can of tomato sauce into cooked quinoa; heat until hot. Divide quinoa between 6 plates. Top evenly with chicken.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||13 g||20%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||16%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.