Slow-Cooked Jambalaya with Rice
Okra, peppers and fire-roasted tomatoes along with chicken, shrimp and smoked sausage cook in a slow-cooker for a jambalaya served over brown rice
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper (1 tablespoon = 1 small)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces frozen cooked small shrimp without tail (6 oz = about 20 small)
- 4 ounces turkey smoked sausage, split in half lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- Spray inside of 3 to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer, in order, the chicken, Cajun seasoning, oregano, okra, onion, celery, bell pepper, jalapeño and undrained tomatoes in slow cooker. Add broth.
- Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add frozen shrimp and sausage to slow cooker; stir gently. Increase to HIGH; cover and cook until shrimp and sausages are hot.
- Serve jambalaya over rice in individual shallow bowls. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||10%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||8%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||24%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.