Spicy Italian Pasta Bake
Rotini pasta, sauteed vegetables, turkey Italian sausage and crushed tomatoes layered with mozzarella cheese
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 8 ounces Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced
- 1 pkg (8 oz each) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking apart with spoon to crumble. Add onion, zucchini, mushrooms and carrot. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and pepper flakes; heat 2 minutes or until bubbling.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture; stir until pasta is well coated. Spoon half of mixture into baking dish. Top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers once more. Bake 15 minutes or until hot.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||15%|
|Dietary fiber||6 g||23%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.