Tomato Dill Soup
A savory soup with a hint of dill -- rich in flavor but not in calories or fat
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 cup = about 1 large onion)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Dash cracked black pepper
- Plain yogurt, optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and carrots; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, sugar and dill. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place portion of soup in blender or food processor container. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Season to taste with pepper. Garnish each serving with yogurt, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||2 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||16%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.