Tomato and Pesto Chicken
Chicken breasts, simmered in tomato sauce, served with pasta and broccoli tossed with a creamy tomato-pesto sauce
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta, uncooked (8 oz = 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup soft cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup refrigerated basil pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and adding broccoli last 2 minutes of cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides. Add undrained tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add cream cheese to sauce remaining in skillet; stir until cream cheese is melted completely. Stir in pesto; simmer 2 minutes to thicken slightly. Drain pasta. Add to skillet; mix lightly. Serve chicken with pasta mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||18 g||28%|
|Saturated fat||6 g||29%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||19%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.