Tortellini with Tomato-Sage Sauce
Rich, creamy tomato sauce seasoned with onions and sage and served over cheese tortellini pasta
- 2 pkgs (9 oz each) refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes in Sauce, undrained
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in tomatoes with their sauce, the sugar and sage. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour cream into small bowl. Gradually add 1 cup of the hot tomato mixture, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Add to remaining tomato mixture in saucepan; stir until well blended. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place on serving platter. Top with the tomato mixture.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||34 g||52%|
|Saturated fat||18 g||92%|
|Dietary fiber||7 g||27%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.