All the flavor of stuffed cabbage, without all the work
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Stewed Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place rice and broth in 3-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir. Place cabbage on top; do NOT stir. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 15 minutes or until rice and cabbage is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and pepper to meat. Break up tomatoes with spoon. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 10 minutes. When rice mixture is done, add to skillet; toss together.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||14%|
|Saturated fat||3 g||17%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||15%|
About our Nutrition Information
Write a Review
All Fields Required
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.