Wilted Kale with Bacon and Tomatoes
A side dish recipe for fresh kale combined with tomatoes, onion and a little bacon
- 2 tablespoons Parkay® Original Spread-tub
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 8 ounces fresh prechopped kale, large stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon
- Melt Parkay in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add kale; stir to combine. Add undrained tomatoes, water, garlic salt and pepper; stir gently. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat bacon in microwave according to package directions. Cut into bite-size pieces. Stir bacon into kale mixture before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat||1 g||5%|
|Dietary fiber||2 g||9%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.