Hearty layers of flavorful meat, cheese and seasoned tomato sauce between al dente lasagna noodles baked to bubbling perfection
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (about 8 ounces)
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz each) Hunt's® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (3 cups = 12 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Meanwhile, spray large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot; add sausage and ground chuck. Cook and stir 5 minutes to crumble meat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan. Continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain meat mixture well. Add crushed and undrained tomatoes, 1 tablespoon parsley, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and salt. Bring meat mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place ricotta, 3/4 cup of the Romano cheese, eggs, remaining parsley, basil and remaining pepper in medium bowl; blend well. Set aside.
- Assemble Lasagna: Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup meat sauce evenly over bottom of dish. Place 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, top with 2 cups meat sauce, half of ricotta cheese mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers ending with a layer of noodles topped with sauce and the remaining mozzarella and Romano cheeses.
- Spray underside of aluminum foil with cooking spray; cover dish tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbling. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||21 g||32%|
|Saturated fat||10 g||49%|
|Dietary fiber||3 g||12%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.